Thursday, December 20, 2007

Good Bridal Sites?

Ok, seriously, where are any good sites for brides and wedding planning? Until I got engaged, I was never the kind of girl who started planning every last detail of her wedding from the age of 8. I has a vague notion of the kind of ring I wanted, but knew nothing of oval vs round brilliants, micro pave, halo vs. solitaire, or the almighty importance of understanding the 4 C's, yada, yada...but when I got the hint from my beloved to start seriously thinking of what I might want, I did what any web savvy young thang would do (or so I thought!) and hit the online surfosphere. Surely there would be tons of organized and informative sites on such a pricey product as engagement rings, I thunk to myself! But instead, I spent countless hours slogging through crap and more crap. The high end sites like Cartier, Tiffany et al., show you all of ten or so rings, every one of them overly designed with their anally specific trademark settings to prevent - god-forbid - anyone from mistaking that you were not indeed wearing a Harry Winston every time you flutter your hand across your face!

There are also a number of online stores that seem catered for those seeking to emulate a ring Paris Hilton might wear after she lost the last ounce of good taste that clings to her soul. All in all, a very frustrating project. The only really handy site I found was Pricescope - not very pretty to look at, but their, "Show Me The Ring" section in forums was a great way to look and talk about tons of rings.

I'm just beginning to look at the wedding planning sites, and again, not very much to shout about frankly. Besides the biggies such as The Knot and Brides.Com , I haven't come across a really well organized, fun site to use. Any suggestions out there?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out WeddingChannel.com. They also have a complete pre-engagement guide that has info on proposal planning, ring trends and photos. Here's a link to that specific guide - http://www.weddingchannel.com/ui/buildArticle.action?assetUID=92054&c=92054&s=84&t=71&p=106116082&l=154630

Samus said...

Thanks for the tip! I just checked it out for a bit and it seems like a handy site - I'll add it to my Favorite Sites link list.