Tuesday, January 8, 2008

INVASION!!


So the fun continues trying to find the time to hunker down with my sweetie, pick a date and start on some early plans. Just when all the holiday madness was beginning to slow, just when the last family member was sent on his merry way, fat and happy - our humble abode is invaded by not one, not two... but FIVE mice in less than a month. I have spent more time leaping onto the sofa, screaming for help than Jamie Lee Curtis could ever muster.



I have to say, not that my sweetie hasn't proved his love many times over, but seeing him lying on the kitchen floor at 4 AM, shining a flashlight and poking under our stove with an unraveled wire hanger trying to get a mouse out who had got himself stuck onto a trap (still alive and squeaking mind you) all in the name of easing my mind, really shows what a keeper I got. So as we all head into wedding planning madness, getting caught up in a million and one details, remember that at the end of the night, when all the guests have gone and the flowers start wilting, all that matters is who you go home with.

No comments: